Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nov 21, 2010 - Log 3 - Have you got the time?

Tik tock ....Tik tock ....Tik tock ....
Has this noise irritated you?
In our day to day life, we reach junctures where we wait for someone or something. Sometimes you are issued a token and you wait or in the holistic sense you wait for something in life impatiently.
Recently when I was waiting to see someone important, I was asked to sit in the waiting room. I was getting impatient as usual. I was looking at my watch as if by looking at it would change the status quo. I saw an elderly person sitting and waiting for the same person calmly. I am sure you would understand the state of mind when you see such a sight.
With a calm and composed smile he said to me
“What has to happen, will happen at its right time. Give time - time”
That was the moment my years of upbringing was questioned. we are all taught to run the race of life, but as Mr. Asif Siddiqui, the person who sat next to me and now my friend, explained the right philosophy in a few words. I remember having heard
"Nothing comes before its time and nothing stays after its time"
If that’s the truth then giving time some time will be the best way to deal things in life. Your philosophies in life however small it is, will be a great help to a someone who knows it but has not realized its importance till date. How many times have you pacified a worried man. Though we all have seen Munna Bhai MBBS and enjoyed the movie how many times have we volunteered to give a “jadoo ki jappi” to someone who needs it. The world has so much to offer us, but we should have the ability to look at what life is offering. In one of my tweets I said happiness is life an ice lolly and should be enjoyed well before it melts away. But enjoying a hot coffee need be done when it is warm enough to be drank or else you will burn your tongue. I guess many of you have burnt your tongue just as I have done, thinking there is no time.
Time and Tide waits for no man - it also means that man has to wait for the time and tide for his needs. Is it not misinterpreted to be a saying which explains the haste in life? Even Salvador Dali had a view about time and the wait in his painting "The persistence of memory" (1931). Think about situations where your waiting gave you a new insight to life, or you wished you had waited a little longer and the end result would have been different.
The wait for someone or something is an endless phase in everyone’s life. Wait for 29 days for a monthly salary. Wait for a promotion, wait for a raise, wait for recognition, wait for a child, wait for good times, wait for your turn in a queue and the list continues. I will be waiting for your feedback. I hope the wait is not too long as I am sure, your life also has seen the waits…
Santosha: paramo laabhah: sat-sangah paramaa gatih: |vichaarah: paramam jnaanam shamo hi paramam sukham ||
which means:
Contentment is the highest gain, Good Company the highest course,
Enquiry the highest wisdom, and Peace the highest enjoyment.
Also remember to give time - time...
“Vaazhka bhaaratham”

1 comment:

  1. Seen the wait,
    Been as a bait,
    But not too late,
    Before blogspot shut its gate.
    Yes, I got the time to read and respond to this amazing piece of time. Again, its the Time that decides when to let people know and when to conceal it and grab everything from us. Well said.

    ReplyDelete